The Third Council on Business & Society International Forum, 24th-25th September, 2015, Boston USA
- How will policy makers and business leaders manage the competing interests of business and society in the energy sphere?
- How are different regions of the world tackling issues of energy security, energy equity, and environmental sustainability?
- What strategic, organizational, and managerial capabilities are needed for companies to succeed throughout energy transitions?
- How should regulators, business leaders, and investors make decisions in the face of energy price, technology, and policy uncertainties?
- What are the cutting-edge analytic techniques for decision support in the energy sector?
The forum is designed to encourage the sharing of ideas and perspectives across cultures and sectors on important issues facing business and society. Attendees will have the opportunity to interact with executives from corporations, consulting, and investment firms; government policy makers, NGO leaders, graduate business students, and faculty, with everyone meant to be active participants rather than passive listeners.
- Thad Hill, CEO, Calpine Corporation
- Joseph Kennedy II, Founder and Chairman, Citizens Energy and former US Representative, USA
- Dan Revers, Managing Partner and Founder, ArcLight Capital Partners
- Philippe Joubert, Executive Chair Global Electricity Initiative at World energy Council, Special Advisor to the Chairman and CEO, World Business Council for Sustainable Development and former Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Alstom Group, France
- Antonio Volpin, Director and Senior Partner, McKinsey & Company.
Watch the video of Philippe Joubert on the key issues of the Forum.
Other expected speakers and panelists:
- Elizabeth Seeger, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts
- Janet Besser, Vice President, Policy and Government Affairs, New England Clean Energy Council
- Dutch Kuyper, CEO, Parker Ranch
- Phil Giudice, CEO, Ambri, Inc.
- Thomas Hartkopf, formerly a member of the Management Board of Energie Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany
- Scott Fisher, Northbridge Group
- Erik Coddington, Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ
- Olivier Fainsilber, Oliver Wyman
- Angela Bassa, EnerNoc
- Eric Navales, Managing Director and Partner, LEK Consulting
- Ezra Greenberg, Partner, McKinsey & Company
- Lance Pierce, President North America, Carbon Disclosure Project
- Tim Dunn, Founder and Chief Investment Officer, Terraalpha Investments
- Kelvin Chao, Founder and CEO, Talent Creations, China
- Goret Paulo, FGV Energia, Brazil.
The Forum begins Thursday evening, September 24, with dinner and a keynote address. On Friday, September 25, there will be a full day of panel exchanges and smaller group discussions; the day will end with a case competition involving teams of students from the Council schools. Throughout, there will be many opportunities for networking.
September 24 – 25, 2015
Seaport Hotel and World Trade Center